In the beginning, there were a handful of blogs that caught my eye. In the beginning, I was, in a word, skeptical. After all, who in their right mind would create a virtual diary only to share their dirty laundry with anyone who had a computer. Who in their right mind would bother to read it?
But, like a good TV virtual reality show, ala Survivor, the Voice or the Amazing Race, I got sucked in. Really, I blame Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks and their publishers. They did a stand up job of promoting these woman who made it all seem so easy.
Before I knew it, I was creating my own blog thanks to Typepad, one of the major blogging software companies at the time. A few clicks here and there and voila’, I too, was a bonafide blogger. The only difference was I didn’t have a gaggle of followers. But, hey, a girl can always dream.
What I did have were family and friends who took an interest in my little blog. And, at the very least, what I didn’t have were the mean followers who for some wacky reason felt the need to write mean and nasty comments on the blogs of the more successful bloggers. These meanies were known as “trolls” dressed in women’s clothing. After reading some of the riff raff that was written, troll was too kind a word. Some women are downright viscous. It makes me sad.
It’s crazy to think that I’ve been following some of these blogs I’ve been quietly following for over five years which apparently makes me a stalker…no, there’s another kinder word for it, but it’s slipped my mind. So when the prompt for today is to pick a blog, any blog for which I would like to switch, it should be an easy task, right?
Actually, if I don’t give it much thought, It is a very easy task. I would pull the switch with Miz Booshay.
I stumbled upon her blog thanks to the now extinct Photography section of The Pioneer Woman. If you are familiar with the mad writing skills of The Pioneer Woman, you’re probably astounded that I would choose Miz Booshay over Ree (aka the Pioneer Woman), but what can I say? I’m a simpler Debra now than I was two or three years ago and the simpler me goes with a simpler, but equally down to earth blog. And if the Pioneer Woman is a fan, than who can argue with that?
Other than that, why would I want to switch blogs with Miz Booshay?
- Her blog is updated on a consistent basis. You can count on her blog to be updated most weekdays around 8 or 9 am Central time unless she’s out of town or something special is going on.
- Her blog is full of love. Anyone who frequently uses phrases such as Love wins and Love you, mean it, is okay by me.
- There is such honesty in the way she writes.
- Her blog is full of positivity without being goody-goody.
- I love her red carpet reviews of the Oscar’s, Emmy’s and her movie & book reviews. She has a wonderful way of critiquing the stars without sounding mean. And she finds things to like that I missed.
- Her blog is filled with love. Did I say that already? That’s okau, because despite losses in her life that would cause others to stumble into a pile of bitterness, she chooses to be on team Love.
- I love the pictures she posts. They aren’t super flashy, but they are real, filled with loving, happy, true smiles.
I could go on, but (excuses, excuses) I’m tired. Looking forward to seeing what other blogs, for which participants in this exercise would like to pull the great switcheroo.